Do you meditate during the working gap?
The answer is: yes, I do. And I really like to have meditation to practice between work. I also encourage people around me to try it. I like to share good habits and methods with everyone.
First of all, everyone can understand and try to expand their thoughts and knowledge of meditation.
Meditation does not necessarily require sitting completely still, nor does it require keeping your eyes closed. Different postures and different styles (body posture: sitting, lying down, etc.) are suitable for different people. We all need to know that there are many options for practicing meditation. The first exercise may be a one-minute attempt. You don’t need to close your eyes. Just feel your breathing quietly. Slowly, your body may calm down and your breathing will be more relaxed. Your eyes may close naturally, because you have already Enter the state of meditation.
What is the feeling of meditation?
There is no definite answer. Everyone's meditation state and feelings are really completely different. However, it is certain that the state of mind and body is very comfortable, breathing is gentle, and the body and mind feel very safe.
For myself, I used to be busy at work, and I rarely had time to concentrate on meditation during the working day. So it’s usually the weekend to practice more meditation.
【My meditation sharing (work break)】
When working in the company office before, the busy work was really tiring. I believe that no matter what occupation you are in, you are very serious and dedicated at work. Everyone will also have all kinds of troubles and work pressure. Pressure is not necessarily bad. A certain amount of pressure will make us more positive. It is precisely because of these factors that you will feel particularly tired after a day of work, even if you usually go to work, you also have to walk or do some small exercises. But I found that this is really bad for me, so I started to practice meditation between work last year: once in the morning for three minutes (with timing) and five minutes in the afternoon (with timing).
I will be in my seat for a short meditation in the morning and you will find that three minutes is very fast! It will not disturb others, nor will it affect your work process and brain thoughts. However, it is recommended that you close your eyes as much as possible when you practice between work. It is not only a meditation, but also a rest.
In the afternoon meditation practice I will go outdoors, walk to a place, and then squat or sit, and repeat the morning practice, but for a little longer. This way every few minutes of meditation time is acceptable to everyone.
As for the frequency of practice, I used to stop until I was really tired. I suggest that if there are no interruptions in meetings or important things, you can set a self-time of 5-10 minutes for yourself (so that others will not call you for urgent matters). For example, at this time, get up and stretch, and then slowly practice meditation (learn to cooperate with breathing). In this way, if you try for a while, you will find that work will be very relaxing and enjoyable.
Then take 5 deep breaths, then relax your breath, and slowly wait for the alarm clock to sound (preferably vibrating). Even if you are meditation and wandering, you won’t be shocked when you wake up.
Because meditation and a few minutes of temporarily stopping work are not only an exercise, but also a time to digest and absorb your negative energy and release it.
[My meditation sharing (daily meditation at home office)]
Meditation between work does not require any preparation or tools. Just bring yourself.
Because of the epidemic, foreign countries have also implemented such regulations as working from home. You can spend more time with your family and reduce your commuting time. It is more important to avoid contact with more people and reduce the chance of appearing in public places to protect everyone's health and safety.
Now working at home, maybe everyone has the same feeling, that is, they are busier, and feel that things are not finished, but there is always a difference. I feel like drinking water, getting up, lunch, drinking tea, resting, and walking (the irregular breaks that I used to work in the office) have all disappeared. This is terrible and not very healthy. It would have been much less to exercise at home. The lunch at home has also become a working lunch. You can eat and make it while you are at home. Or you can grab a bite in 10-15 minutes and go back to your seat to deal with things.
Colleagues all have similar experiences and feelings, so everyone organizes more online gatherings so that everyone can chat or share lunch and leisure time together.
But, who will pay for my rest time? Haha. Only myself, so my daily meditation plan is more unique. Every morning I wake up to half an hour before going to work. Be sure to meditate for 20 minutes (follow an online tutor, or practice by myself), and maintain such a good state for at least three days from Monday to Friday.
Then I would meditate for a minute or two from time to time between work, which is about 10 deep breaths plus 10 natural breaths. It is natural and free, without too much demand on oneself. In this way, the meditation practice inserted in the work gap becomes more proud and relaxed, without any burden.
After meditation, I found two benefits to share with you:
1. The vision is clearer (this is because meditation is a dynamic meditation, thinking is actually active), then meditation before work can make the brain begin to exercise and think first. As for what you think, everyone is different. Maybe you just want to sleep, that's okay, at least you have started a day's journey of your brain. But it's also best to set an alarm clock to avoid falling asleep or taking too long to affect work time.
2. Better mental state. The mental state represents the motivation for my work day. My waking state may be miserable or full of confidence. I found that when I meditated, I would think a lot, such as how this happened, that email I forgot to write today and so on. After meditation, in fact, what I am going to do today has been sorted out during meditation. At the beginning of the day, I became less nervous, but in order! Because I can deal with daily work more confidently and my thinking becomes clearer.
So you can also try it and see what you are doing while meditating? What time is right for you?
Things to pay attention to during interval meditation:
1. It is very important to learn to choose a time period to meditate, so that you can maintain your work efficiency and your enthusiasm, and you will not be overworked. So, how to choose the right time? Why choose time like this?
• It can be before work starts. In this way, you can use quiet time to settle yourself and increase the time for conversation with yourself. Think about what you are doing today? What are the challenges? Or simply don't want anything.
• After working for 1.5-2 hours, make sure that you can draw a summary of the tasks on your hand before starting to practice. At this moment, the brain is very flexible, with a lot of thoughts, but you can pause for a while, keep meditating for a few minutes, so that your body and mind can relax. There are only advantages and no disadvantages.
2. Maintain a meditation habit
•Set an approximate time period for yourself. For example, before lunch, even if there is only one minute, please stop and be quiet. You may not be able to enter the state of meditation, but you really take your body and mind to the direction of meditation. Maybe one day, you can enter meditation soon?
• Encourage yourself to complete at least 2-3 work break meditation exercises a week. Maintaining the practice frequency will make meditation more natural and engaged, and gradually become a habit.
3. Just enjoy these 3-5 minutes. Relax your body and keep your brain busy, but encourage yourself to close your eyes to rest your mind.
Finally, remember that meditation is Active Resting, conscious rest. It's really not thinking about nothing. When you enter a certain state, you may not think about anything, but that is not the entering state of practicing meditation but the final fruit.
For more awesome yoga clothing and gear, click on the picture to enter. . .